Quit smoking is one of the hardest things to do. However, a little planning could help to ease out this process so that you achieve your smoking cessation goal successfully.
How to prepare for quit smoking
Given below are some tips that will help you prepare for quit smoking.
- Set a quit date and remain firm on it. Choose this date depending on your convenience, for instance if you smoke more during office hours, keep this quit date over the weekend so that it becomes easier for you.
- If possible, plan to quit with a friend. This will help you remain motivated.
- Before your quit date, hide away all your ashtrays and lighters and dump all the cigarettes that may be lying around your home or workplace. Remove anything that will push you towards smoking.
- Before you quit, observe your smoking patterns. Write down what prompts you to smoke. For instance many people smoke during coffee breaks, when they are stressed, while on a phone, while reading or watching TV. These are your smoking triggers; you’ll need to avoid these triggers when you are all set to quit.
- Try to avoid friends who prompt you to smoke.
- Before your quit date inform your friends, colleagues and family members that you are planning to quit. Seek their motivation and support during this tough process, they’ll be eager to help you out and comply with your wishes.
- If you find it tough to quit smoking via the cold turkey method, visit a doctor to learn about the various quit smoking aids that are available on the market; find out which one will be more suitable for you. These quit smoking aids are designed to relieve you of nicotine withdrawal symptoms and make quitting easier for you. And one of the recent effective quit smoking aid available in the market is Chantix smoking cessation pills.
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) sanaleo cbd
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is a popular and effective smoking cessation aid. This therapy aims at providing nicotine to the body externally through various forms such as nicotine patches, inhaler, nasal spray, gum, sublingual tablets and lozenges. Once the body receives nicotine in these forms it no longer craves for cigarettes which apart from containing nicotine, consists of 4,000 other harmful chemicals. Thus, nicotine replacement therapy protects you against the harmful chemicals and at the same time relieves you of your withdrawal symptoms. Further, nicotine replacement therapy gives you a chance to break the smoking cues in your daily life and provides you with a more convenient and painless smoking cessation experience. To get the best results from this therapy you must use it in conjunction with some form of support from your friends and family or from a professional counselor. However, since nicotine replacement therapy provides nicotine to your body, a certain risk of re-addiction is involved with this quit smoking treatment.
Nicotine-free quit smoking medications
Currently, this is the most advanced smoking cessation aids that one can use. Nicotine-free quit smoking medications that are available on the market include Chantix (varenicline tartrate) and Zyban (bupropion hydrochloride). Both these medicines are approved by the US FDA as a prescription only smoking cessation drug. These drugs are ideal for those who are motivated to quit but find it hard to quit via the cold turkey method owing to nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Both Chantix and Zyban help to relieve you of the nicotine withdrawal symptoms. The active ingredient in these drugs mimics the effect of nicotine on the brain. They stimulate the brain to release dopamine – a neurotransmitter that is responsible for the feelings of pleasure and well-being. This action helps to reduce your craving for nicotine and thus lessen your nicotine withdrawal symptoms. In addition, Chantix blocks nicotine from acting on its receptors on the brain. This means, that even if you lapse during your Chantix treatment and light up a cigarette you will not derive the same pleasure as you used to earlier. You’ll therefore no longer be tempted to smoke again. For this reason, success rate with Chantix is higher as compared to Zyban or any other smoking cessation aid.